Give Safely this Christmas!
Gifts and toys should inspire joy, not cause injuries. Thousands of children are seriously injured in toy-related incidents every year.
Avoid safety hazards while gifting with these tips from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:
● Toys are age-rated for safety, not for children’s intellect and physical ability, so be sure to choose toys in the correct age range
● Choose toys for children under 3 that do not have small parts which could be choking hazards
● For children under 10, avoid toys that must be plugged into an electrical outlet
● Be cautious about toys that have button batteries or magnets, which can be harmful or fatal if swallowed
● When giving scooters and other riding toys, give the gift of appropriate safety gear, too; helmets should be worn at all times and they should be sized to fit
To find out about holiday toy safety and recalls, check the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website.